Notification of personal data processing
Information about the Data Controller:
The data controller hereby,
"University of Food Technologies - Plovdiv", BULSTAT 000455440, with administrative address. Plovdiv, bul. "Maritsa" № 26, email: email@example.com , website : https://uft-plovdiv.bg/provides you with information about the type, purpose, basis and manner in which personal data is collected, processed, stored and disclosed.
Information on the competent supervisory authority
- Name: Commission for Personal Data Protection
- Registered office and registered address. Registered office and registered office: 1592 Sofia Blvd. "1592, Proff. No. 2 Tsvetan Lazarov
- Correspondence data. 1592 Sofia Blvd. "1592, Proff. No. 2 Tsvetan Lazarov
- Phone:02 915 3 518
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Website: www.cpdp.bg
Information on the Data Protection Officer
Name: Nikola Zlatev
Contact phone number: +359 887 572 652
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
What personal data do we process about you?
The personal data we process in connection with your application for stay and accommodation in the dormitories of the University of Food Technologies - Plovdiv are as follows:
- Name, surname and last name;
- ID number, national identification number, date of birth;
- Contacts: phone;
- Address: permanent or current;
- Details of identity document (ID card, passport) - Number, date of issue and expiry, issuing authority;
- Details of marital status
- Biometrics: video image.
On what basis do we process your personal data?
The processing of your personal data is necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation (Art. 6 par. 1 lit. "c" and "e" of Regulation (EU) 2016/679) - your accommodation in the dormitory of the "University of Food Technologies - Plovdiv", on the occasion of your studies at the University or temporary accommodation as a guest. UFT - Plovdiv may also process your personal data for the purpose of proving a claim, establishing, exercising or defending legitimate interests - Art. 1, letter "f".
In certain cases, we process your data on the basis of the legitimate interest of "University of Food Technologies - Plovdiv", as well as to protect the vital interests of data subjects - Art. 1, lit. "d" for preserving the integrity of the property, ensuring the safety and health of students, faculty, staff and guests on the premises of the dormitory.
What will we use your data for?
The personal data provided by you or your proxy will be used for the purposes of administering the documents relating to your permanent or temporary accommodation, including but not limited to:
- Application for accommodation;
- Guests check in after completing an address card;
- Risk Assessment;
- Meeting legislative requirements.
Who can we share your personal data with?
"University of Food Technologies - Plovdiv" respects and protects the privacy of your personal data. Subject to legal requirements, it is possible to disclose your personal data to the following persons:
- Provision of information to the authorities of the Ministry of Interior, the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, the State Agency for National and Regional Development, the NRA, NACID and others;
- Providing information to the DPO (data protection officer);
- Provide information to campus security officials, consulates and attorneys;
- Provision of information to the Commission for Personal Data Protection in relation to obligations under the legal framework for personal data protection - Personal Data Protection Act, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016, etc.
For how long do we keep your personal data?
"University of Food Technologies - Plovdiv" shall, as a rule, suspend the complete processing of your personal data for the purposes listed above after the termination of your accommodation in the hostel, but shall not delete them before the expiry of the statutory data retention obligations. The data shall be kept for no longer than necessary. Documents with a permanent retention period shall be transferred to the State Archive - Plovdiv after the expiry of the time limits under the Law on National Archives. CCTV data in order to protect a legitimate and vital interest (15 days), unless a longer period is required by law or regulation. Please note that we will not delete or anonymise your personal data if it is necessary for pending judicial, administrative or complaint proceedings.
Your rights regarding your personal data
Subject to Bulgarian and European legislation, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data processed by the University of Food Technologies - Plovdiv:
- access your personal data processed by the University of Food Technologies Plovdiv and obtain a copy of it;
- in case of incompleteness or inaccuracy of the data processed by the University of Food Technologies - Plovdiv, your personal data will be corrected;
- request that your data be deleted where the conditions for this are met. These are if: the purpose for which the data was collected has been achieved; you have withdrawn your consent where the processing is based on consent and there is no other lawful basis for processing; your data is being processed unlawfully, and others;
- in the cases specified by law, to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted;
- where your data is processed on the basis of a legitimate interest (listed above in this notice), you may object to the processing of your personal data on that basis;
- exercise your right to data portability and request that your data be provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- withdraw the consent you have given where the processing of your personal data is based on consent.
The controller shall take the necessary measures to ensure that the processor and any natural person acting under the controller's authority process the personal data only on the controller's instructions.
In the event of a personal data breach, the controller will, as soon as possible after becoming aware of it, notify the competent supervisory authority - the CPC